Had car accident. Everyone looked at me. Im great driver at 74. Is this ageism?

Dr. Olav Jaren
Neurology

In brief: Ageism?

If you are otherwise healthy with a clean driving record, there should be no reason to suspect your age is the cause of the accident.
Age is not a cause of car accidents. Some conditions that cause accidents may be more common at certain ages, such as difficulty with vision or hearing.

In brief: Ageism?

Dr. Olav Jaren
Dr. Olav Jaren
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: I see. You had an

Accident, but you are great driver. People looked at you, and you feel oppressed and think they might be practicing ageism. You neglected to say whose fault the accident was or if any one was injured.
Your quesstion refelcts a lack of insight or self examination, regardless of your age, and i would say the same if age was factored out. Ask yourself what role you played!

In brief: I see. You had an

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine