I weaned myself off fentanyl patches. What other options would work as well for chronnic pain ?

Dr. Laurentiu Boeru
Anesthesiology

In brief: Complex

Complex treatment options from Lidocaine patch to physical therapy, surgery, epidural treatments, nsaids.
Interdisciplinary collaboration is the answer.

In brief: Complex

Dr. Laurentiu Boeru
Dr. Laurentiu Boeru
Dr. Rita Agarwal
Anesthesiology

In brief: Many

Depends on where your pain is and what the underlying cause is.
Pt, biofeedback, and relaxation techniques are the mainstay on many conditions. Other medication that can be helpful include Gabapentin or pregabalin, muscle relaxants, anti-seizure medications and clonidine. Nerve blocks can be used for some types of pain. The best thing is to find a good chronic pain medicine specialist.

In brief: Many

Dr. Rita Agarwal
Dr. Rita Agarwal