My contacts keep making my eyes red. Is there any way to fix this?

Dr. David Speck
Ophthalmology

In brief: Need more evaluation

The contacts may be too old, too tight, or you may have an infection.
You may be losing contact tolerance or have other diseases. Not everyone can wear contacts successfully. 3 basic rules of contacts: they have to look good, see good, and feel good. If the eyes are red, if the vision is blurry, or they hurt, take them out. Never ever wear a contact that hurts.

In brief: Need more evaluation

Dr. David Speck
Dr. David Speck
Dr. John Jarstad
Ophthalmology

In brief: Usually Yes

A too tight fitting contact lens or a condition called gpc (giant papillary conjunctivitis) is the most likely cause.
You should return to your eye doctor or consult an ophthalmologist.

In brief: Usually Yes

Dr. John Jarstad
Dr. John Jarstad