Doantipsychotics like zyprexa and haldol (haloperidol) affect the internal and external anal sphincter muscles? Or do they increase sweating? Feel dirty down there

Dr. Aron Tendler

In brief: To Some Degree

Haloperidal and Olanzapine can both cause constipation and increased sweating which will cause the symptoms you are describing.
They do not typically affect the anal sphincters rather they commonly cause decreased motility of the GI tract.

In brief: To Some Degree

Dr. Aron Tendler
Dr. Aron Tendler

In brief: Generally, no

In my practice, I have never had a patient on any antipsychotic relate any kind of anal sphincter concern.
They may occasionally develop constipation, which is due to a different mechanism, and no one to my knowledge has reported increased sweating. I see that occasionally with some antidepressants. It is normal to have some residual feces after a bowel movement. Please talk to your treating doc.

In brief: Generally, no

Dr. Alan Koenigsberg
Dr. Alan Koenigsberg