Marijuanas role in coping with depression, anxiety?

Unsure. While not really a depressant, marijuana may not help a person to feel motivated, which is often missing in depression! it might temporarily mask emotional pain, but in excess can lead to problems. Some research suggests it can potentiate mental symptoms--and results were not simply due to ill people self-medicating. And it can lead to jail. That's depressing / scary. Psychiatrists, gps?
Not good. Mj can make people care less about issues. This may be an excape from negative feelings but not helpful. The goal of depression tx should be to reduce symptoms and improve function. Mj produces apathy which is a symptom of depression and mj interfers with the benefits of meds and therapy.