What is fusion? I had alternating binocular vision before surgery and no double, now I have diplopia after eye muscle surgery (left eye) 4 months ago.

Dr. Tim Conrad
Ophthalmology

In brief: Fusion

Is the ability to take the image from each eye and put them together into one image in the brain.
If you had alternating vision (there is no such thing as alternating binocular vision), you likely do not have fusion. Fusion can only develop in children, not in adults. Talk to your eye surgeon about getting prism in your glasses to reduce the diplopia.

In brief: Fusion

Dr. Tim Conrad
Dr. Tim Conrad