After i switch to Prozac after a week of transition from cymbalta (duloxetine) would i be able to wean off Prozac without issues or keep take for a month then wean?

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Work w/your doctor

I don't know what your psychiatrist has in mind for your treatment, so it's not appropriate for me to guess about that.
You really need to discuss this withhim or her. However, Prozac (fluoxetine) is a very long-acting medication and is sometimes used to taper from other ssri antidepressants. Smaller increments of Prozac (fluoxetine) are also available, and can be used in tapering if needed.

In brief: Work w/your doctor

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Linda Callaghan
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Wean it for a month.

Prozac has a long half life and it is an ssri where Cymbalta (duloxetine) is an snri.
Depending on how long and what the dose of Prozac that you have been taking, it might be wise to gradually taper the dose for a month before you stop it . Meanwhile, you can start the Cymbalta (duloxetine) at a lower dose and titrate it gradually as the dose of Prozac decreases.

In brief: Wean it for a month.

Dr. Linda Callaghan
Dr. Linda Callaghan
Dr. Eric Weisman