I want to get my child's EEG done. How do I proceed with that?

Dr. William Singer
Pediatrics - Neurology

In brief: Speak to your doc

Speak with your child's pediatrician about why your want your child to have an EEG.

In brief: Speak to your doc

Dr. William Singer
Dr. William Singer
Dr. Larry Armstrong
Neurosurgery

In brief: Family MD

Your local md can set up your eeg for your child.
If possible, try to get it scheduled, performed, and read by a pediatric neurologist. Preferably a pediatric neurologist with specialty in epilepsy can evaluate your child if seizures are found on the eeg.

In brief: Family MD

Dr. Larry Armstrong
Dr. Larry Armstrong

In brief: Prescribed testing

The various labs available for such testing require a doctors order to set it up.
They also need some history and details on why it is being done/different types of EEG's (standard/overnight/video-monitoring/etc.) Iff you are ready, call your doc and get it set up.

In brief: Prescribed testing