I am scared my child will get cancer. Why?

Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology
In brief: Please clarify.
Probably the best way to determine the risk your child has for cancer is a visit with your child's doctor. Tests and counseling can be done to be more certain of possible risk.
Steps can also be taken to help reduce such risk.

In brief: Please clarify.
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Robert Warner
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: Me too
Cancer is very common, so i don't think you have an unreasonable fear. Fortunately, there are several things to improve our childrens odds.
Not smoking, no excess drinking, mantaining an appropriate weight, being physically active, having your house tested for radon, and when old enough, undergoing appropriate screen tests eg colonscopy. Knowledge gives us power over this dreadful disease!

In brief: Me too
Dr. Robert Warner
Dr. Robert Warner
Dr. James Lin
Urology
In brief: Here are some...
I am glad you have received at least 3 answers to reassure you on life reality, which I do agree to.
To further assert the points, if I may, please peruse articles listed in http://formefirst.com/onLifeBasics.html. More? Welcome to contact me at www.Healthtap.com/dr-Lin with RQPWJC to log in for appointments. Best wish to your family, health,...

In brief: Here are some...
Dr. James Lin
Dr. James Lin
In brief: Emotional issues
You likely have some fears that relate to your past or extended family experience that are being channeled into this.
I would encourage you to find an unrelated therapist to explore your feelings. Fear in the name of your kid is a rewarded endeavor that may really be covering up other personal feelings. You might find & solve a hidden issue or at least learn some coping skills.

In brief: Emotional issues
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Cancer phobia
Several other docs have given you excellent advice.
Generally speaking, cancer is possible but not probable and our anxiety lands on the possible. In addition to good medical monitoring and healthy lifestyle, consider seeing a clinical psychologist who specializes in phobias. Peace and good health.

In brief: Cancer phobia
Dr. Bernard Seif
Dr. Bernard Seif
Dr. Peter Kurzweil