Banged 2nd toe into a rock barefoot.Toe swollen, bruised at top joint of toe, pain when bend forward, can't bend back difficulty walking.

Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Have it evaluated.

You may have fractured it.
Fractures usually need to be immobilized with a splint, cast, or rigid walking boot depending on the location of the injury. For a well aligned non displaced broken toe you may get by with walking with a rigid surgical shoe. Some fractures may require surgical management.

In brief: Have it evaluated.

You may have fractured it.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Jeffrey Kahn
Have the foot examined by a podiatrist or orthopedist.
Dr. Howard Fox
Podiatry

In brief: The only thing I can

Add to dr. Bernstein's excellent answer is don't keep taking Ibuprofen or aleve, (naproxen) since, if it is fractured, oral anti-inflammatories will delay fracture healing.
I think it's important to get it x-rayed, so call a toe truck and bring your little piggy to a foot doctor asap. Feel better and good luck!

In brief: The only thing I can

Dr. Howard Fox
Dr. Howard Fox

In brief: Fractured 2nd toe

It sounds like you fractured (broke) your toe.
If the injury just occured (in the last few days) ice the toe, elevate, and buddy tape it to the next toe. If you can, take 2 aleve, (naproxen) or 3 200mg Ibuprofen for a few days. If it is still stiff after a week or two, see your local podiatrist . If the fracture involves a joint, or the toe is dislocated, your podiatrist will aggresively treat it.

In brief: Fractured 2nd toe

Dr. Randy Bernstein
Dr. Randy Bernstein
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine