I have had vaginal dryness and moderate itching for about 5 days now. Just finished a round of augmentin (amoxicillin and clavulanate). What do I do? Is it a yeast infection?

Dr. Christina Adberg

In brief: Common problem

It is common for antibiotics to lead to vaginal yeast infections, but if this is your first one, it's probably a good idea to have it diagnosed for sure before taking more medications.
If you can't get an appointment soon, then you can try an over the counter remedy like vaginal Clotrimazole 1% cream, and see if it helps.

In brief: Common problem

Dr. Christina Adberg
Dr. Christina Adberg
Dr. Bradford Romans

In brief: Itching and a

Cottage cheese like discharge is the classic description of a yeast infection , which typically follows a round of antibiotics.
Ask your pharmacist for help in choosing an over the counter remedy.

In brief: Itching and a

Dr. Bradford Romans
Dr. Bradford Romans
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham