Will the common cold exacerbate my asthma?

Yes. The common cold is one of the most common triggers for acute exacerbations of asthma symptoms, especially in younger children.
Yes. Any infection, especially of the upper or lower respiratory tract, such as the common cold, can exacerbate asthma. Care should be rendered during any such infection to assure that your asthma remains stable.
Yes. Asthma is a condition that can have many triggers, including exercise, allergens, infections, irritants, etc. A common cold, usually due to a viral infection, can trigger an asthma reaction. If you feel an onset of asthma, regardless of the cause, start your inhalers and/or see your physician.
Yes. If your asthma is well controlled, using the appropriate medication and with rare need for a rescue inhaler you should be fine. If asthma is poorly controlled, or if you are unlucky, common colds, particularly chest colds (para-influenza viruses) are certainly capable of triggering an asthma attack. If it seems that an asthma attack is imminent, see a doctor sooner rather than later.