I had a tonic-clonic seizure and the neurologist told me not to drive for six months. What are the laws?

Dr. Christopher Wilson
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine
In brief: Seizures and driving
Laws vary state to state.
At the bare minimum most neurologists restrict driving until someone is seizure free for six months.

In brief: Seizures and driving
Laws vary state to state.
Dr. Christopher Wilson
Dr. Christopher Wilson
In brief: Different from S to
The seizure-free period required varies from state to state.
For example if you are in texas is 6 months. Find out which the requirement in your state. This is for your protection and the protection of others. A different but tangential issue is that there are 6 states requiring that the physician must report the person who had the seizure to the transit authority: calif, delaw, n, nj. Oregon, pen.

In brief: Different from S to
Dr. Albert C. Cuetter
Dr. Albert C. Cuetter
Dr. Eric Weisman