What is the treatment for impetigo?

In brief: Antibiotics

A young baby with impetigo may need to be hospitalized for I.
V. Antibiotics. The antibiotics kill the bacteria causing the impetigo skin infection. Babies older than 2-3 months may use a combination of oral antibiotics and antibiotic creams to treat their impetigo, but even older babies may need I.V. Antibiotics if an infection is widespread or worrisome in any way.

In brief: Antibiotics

Dr. Marcus Degraw

In brief: Antibiotics

The treatment is good skin hygeine with good skin cleansing.
In addition, treament with either topical or oral antibiocs is often applied based on how severe the problem is.

In brief: Antibiotics

Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Marcus Degraw