So if my digestive tract is damage by celiacs and i try to go gluten free how will my body absorb nutrients? Will taking vitamins be effective now?

In brief: The way it does now

Gluten sensitivity can be minor or quite major.Think of a street with a variable amount of potholes.
Normal intestinal absorption relies on healthy walls, so if gluten sensitive, you exist in whatever condition you are in with damaged intestines. If your switch to gluten free living is successful, your intestinal walls become healthier and your absorption more efficient.

In brief: The way it does now

Dr. Peter Kurzweil