Who knows anything about hand pain while writing?

Best start. The best start would be with a primary care physician or a rheumatologist. The cause needs to be identified. It is usually tendon/joint problems (arthritis, tendinitis, etc.) or nerve disease (carpal tunnel syndrome, etc.). Many of these conditions are treatable and the tests (blood work, x-rays, nerve conduction tests) are simple and helpful.