Have l5/s1 herniated disc, some days it's hard to pee other days are fine and I have had 2 accidents. Doesn't make sense does it?

See professionals... Please go to see trustworthy urologists, who should be able to figure the things out for you by getting a good history stressing the quality and quantity of all symptoms and clarifying the sequence of events, performing adequate physical exam, checking postvoid residual urine, ...; and adequate use of medications. Besides, practicing healthy lifestyle and avoiding overindulgence and obsession...
Nerve irritation. When there is pinched nerve in your spine that controls the muscles of your urinary bladder, you can get difficulty in passing urine. Depending on how bad the swelling is and how severe the irritation of the nerve, the symptoms get better or worse. So it is not unusual to have some good and some bad days. I hope that helps good luck.