Can anxiety cause constant shortness of breath? I've had pulmonary testing and it came back fine but all day i feel a constant shortness of breath

Dr. Edgar Mendizabal

It is one cardinal symptom.

It is one cardinal symptom.
Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Yes, it can

Anxiety can cause many physical symptoms, including feelings of shortness of breath.
I'm glad your pulmonary function tests were normal. Hopefully you're working with your family physician to evaluate your overall health. A psychiatrist and/or psychologist who can provide cognitive behavioral therapy may be helpful to you in dealing with your symptoms. Sometimes meds like Buspar (buspirone) can help too.

In brief: Yes, it can

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology