My father had shingles, am I more likely to also experience shingles?

David Miller
In brief: Possibly
The studies are few but there does seem to be greater chance of having shingles if a family member has had it.
Depending on your age, you should definitely get the chicken pox and/or shingles vaccination. The connection between having had chicken pox and later developing shingles is well established.

In brief: Possibly
David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. DAVID AMOS
In brief: Shinglews
Shingles is a reactivation of chicken pox you have during your childhood, the rash occur only on one side fo the body, there is a vaccine you can take to prevent you from developing shingles in the future.
Children who completed varicilla vacine will prevent developing chicken pox and shingles in the future.

In brief: Shinglews
Dr. DAVID AMOS
Dr. DAVID AMOS
Dr. Steven Seres