Alpha 1a. Sorted it through this site, and ACE meds affecting lungs.My daughter 23 as had breathing/digest for 4 years, how can I help without scarring?

Dr. Nestor Del rosario
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Go toMD

Go to a professional who can explain the whole thing about a1a deficiency.
It is treatable and people can live a happy and productive life with treatment. They can tell her in a professional way what to expect, what to avoid, and yes to not smoke, and how to make the best of what she has. You can help by being supportive, the doctor can help you help her. Good luck, and i wish you and her the best.

In brief: Go toMD

Dr. Cindy Juster