My child has a stomach ache with his chickenpox, can I give them pepto-bismol?

Not recommended. Pepto bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) has a component salycelate that was linled with a devistating disease called reye's syndrome in the 70's & 80's. After physicians stopped recomending salycelate products there was a rapid decline in the frequency of that problem. Discuss your concern with your physician for the best possible comfort meds.
No! Especially not . With chickenpox & the " flu, " but also never in kids < 12, & probably not in teens. Bismuth subsalicylate, like aspirin, can cause reyes syndrome. In the early 70's when we still gave children's Aspirin to children for acute minor illnesses, i saw kids get horribly sick & some die from reyes syndrome. Stick with clear liquids, appropriate tylenol (acetaminophen) doses & call your pediatrician.