Any suggestions on which medication is stronger, keppra (levetiracetam) from 1 g or lamictal 100 mg?

Dr. Eric Weisman
Neurology

In brief: Dose vs mechanism

I'm not sure you can compare dose in two seizure meds that have different mechanisms of action.
3000-4000 mg a day for Keppra (levetiracetam) is the ceiling dose in 90 percent of adult patients. Lamictal titration is limited by the risk of developing stevens johnson syndrome ( i start with 25 mg twice a day and don't increase it any faster than 25 mg in 2 week increments up to 150 twice a day). Others go higher.

In brief: Dose vs mechanism

Dr. Eric Weisman
Dr. Eric Weisman
Dr. Eric Weisman