If my child has impetigo, how long to I need to keep my child away from others?

Dr. Kevin Rodbell
As longregardless of.

As longregardless of.
Dr. Kevin Rodbell
Dr. Kevin Rodbell
Dr. Kevin Rodbell
In addition to waiting 24 hours, you should wait until the impetigo patches are no longer moist.
If they are even slightly moist, the bacteria can still easily spread--and impetigo is notorious for spreading!

Dr. Kevin Rodbell
Dr. Kevin Rodbell
Dr. Arthur Torre
Pediatrics - Allergy & Asthma
Since impetigo is a contagious bacterial infection of the skin, it is generally treated with antibiotics, either topically on the skin or orally depending on the extent of the rash.
The child is contagious for 24 hours after the antibiotic has begun and therefore should be kept away from others during that time.

Dr. Arthur Torre
Dr. Arthur Torre
Dr. Marsha Davis