Molar next to wisdom tooth extraction hurts. Is this normal?

Maybe. Usually the root is exposed from the back part of teeth in front of the wisdom tooth removed creating a condition where these teeth will be symptomatic, particularly to cold or other stimulus. It will take some time for the bone to fill in the socket space left by the removed tooth. If you continue to have symptoms, see your treating dentist.
Common. Patients may experience sensitivity to hot and cold in the tooth or teeth next to the wisdom tooth or teeth following their removal. If the wisdom tooth contributed to or is the cause of decay in the adjacent tooth, you will likely have some discomfort. Patients may also feel as if their bite is slightly different for a short time postoperatively. If in acute pain, ask your dentist or surgeon.