Following a recent episode of a grey out in my vision I was given an mri, there is evidence of demyelination. What is that?

In brief: Loss of covering
Demyelination is a loss of the coverings of the neurons in the brain or spinal cord.
It can be seen with multiple sclerosis.

In brief: Loss of covering
It can be seen with multiple sclerosis.
Dr. Ronald Robinson
Dr. Ronald Robinson
Dr. John Jarstad
Ophthalmology
In brief: Early sign of MS
This could be the initial sign of multiple sclerosis, a demyelinating disease.
There could be other causes but MS is the most likely. Myelin is like the insulation around a copper electrical wire. With demyelination the layer of myelin begins to disappear. Sometimes it can repair itself, thus about 1/3 of patients with a diagnosis of MS will get better spontaneously (or miraculously)see neurologst.

In brief: Early sign of MS
Dr. John Jarstad
Dr. John Jarstad
Dr. Eric Weisman