Can someone tell me if severe depression and anxiety treatable/curable\?

Absolutely! Both of these can certainly be managed, if not "cured" but it takes work on your part. It can be difficult to get started b/c both problems cause one to avoid reaching out to others. But, you must. Start w/ ur pcp, a therapist or clergy. Cognitive behavioral therapy is highly effective w/ both depression ; anxiety. The sooner u start the better! u can even start today w/some exercise ; vitamin d3.
Often they are. Talking therapy ranks really high. Cognitive Behavioral therapy or psychotherapy can be effective. Aim for daily exercise, 8 hours of sleep per night & good nutrition w 5 servings of veggies & 4 of fruit per day. Try tai chi, yoga, Qi Gong, progressive muscle relaxation, deep breathing exercises & meditation. Get checked for underlying medical causes. Don't isolate - spend time w friends & stay.