What test diagnoses Crohn's disease?

Biopsy. Confirmatory test is biopsy via upper GI endoscopy and/or colonoscopy. Crohn's usually presents with inflammatory changes and granulomas (areas of immune system consolidation) at the end of the small intestine (terminal ileum) but it can involve any part of the GI tract.
Biopsy of the gut. The true test for this would be to have an endoscopy (like a colonoscopy or sigmoidoscopy) and during that procedure to have a biopsy of the bowel taken. If you had surgery and had to have a portion of bowel removed, the diagnosis could be made on that removed segment by a pathologist.