If I have something lodged in my conjunctiva, how soon should I get it checked/fixed?

Dr. William Goldstein
Ophthalmology
In brief: ASAP
Dont wait.
It can become embedded or infected and therefore harder to treat.

In brief: ASAP
Dont wait.
Dr. William Goldstein
Dr. William Goldstein
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology
In brief: After several days
The conjunctiva and supporting eye structures are terrific at cleaning themselves out.
After all they are bombarded with stuff all day whenever you are walking around or when the wind blows your way. If something is casually lodged on the conjunctival surface, it will almost certainly clean itself out. If the object struck the eye at high speed, then get help.

In brief: After several days
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. William Forsythe