How many cardiac cta (computed tomography angiogram) procedures are performed annually in small hospitals?

Dr. Michael Korona
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: Thousands

Coronary cta mostly performed in cardiology offices.
Many performed in hospitals also. Hundreds of thousands of these scans done each year. I read many of these tests a year. Very good technology.

In brief: Thousands

Dr. Michael Korona
Dr. Michael Korona
2 comments
Dr. Lev Lubarsky
It depends were you live. In New York these tests are 95% of time are done at a hospital or a large radiology office.
Dr. Lev Lubarsky
Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: I don't know

I did a brief search of relevant literature trying to get an answer for you but didn't come up with anything useful.
I currently consult at a small hospital (100 beds) and we do about 30-50 a year, i would guess. New literature is promoting ccta in the er to rule out acute coronary syndrome quickly so patients can go home. If insurance picks up on that, the # of procedures will sky-rocket.

In brief: I don't know

Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner