Do you know anyone taking carboplatin for non-small cell lung cancer?

Yes. Carboplatin is a very commonly used medication in this malignancy. Tolerence today is quite good, with the most important side effects being temporarily low blood counts, fatigue, numbness and nausea. A unique point about this agent is that it is dosed based on the patients kidney function, rather than the patients size like most anticancer medications.
Sure. Carboplatin is one of the most common chemotherapy used in non small cell lung cancer. For more info regarding carboplatin, open this link: http://www.Nlm.Nih.Gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a695017.Html.
You bet. A. "platin" is the cornerstone of systemic chemotherapy. Carboplatin is favored by us oncologists becuse it causes less nausea and vomiting and does not require lots of fluid to wash the toxic products through kidneys. Carbo has less n&v and kidney effects, but more blood count lowering potential. Both cause numbness and tingling. Cis platin is used more in canada and europe..Slightly better effect.