Breast implant removal done. What happens to your natural breast after weeks ?

In brief: Implant removal

As the chest wall muscle gradually resumes its previous shape [it was stretched out with implant behind it] the breast will have a more normal appearance.
Exercise those pecs as soon as the plastic surgeon lets you.

In brief: Implant removal

Dr. Kathryn Wagner
Dr. Kathryn Wagner
Dr. Jason Lichten
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Depends

If there are no complications, i tell my patients that they should begin to feel like themselves again after a couple of months.
Most patients can get back to regular activities in a few days or couple weeks, and full maturity of the scars takes up to 2 years. The degree of "droop"in the breasts may be variable after surgery.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Jason Lichten
Dr. Jason Lichten
Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Depends.

What breasts look like after removal of breast implants will  depend on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since surgery).

In brief: Depends.

Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Gregory Buford
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: It depends...

So far, all of my breast implant removal patients have been satisfied with the long term results.
But it really depends on your expectations before surgery as to how happy you are after. If you expect your breasts to be as perky as they are with implants, you will not be happy. But if you go into the procedure with realistic expectations then there is a good chance you will be happy.

In brief: It depends...

Dr. Gregory Buford
Dr. Gregory Buford
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Depends

Depends on your skin elasticity.
..If it is good, then over 4-6 months, the breast shape should be get back pretty similar to what you had pre-operatively. If you had droop of the breast pre-operatively, or have poor skin elasticity, then there may be more sag.

In brief: Depends

Depends on your skin elasticity.
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Depends on size

There is a genralized feeling that implants over 350cc promote soft tissue atrophy and are more likely to produce chest wall compensation that are more difficult to reverse upon implant removal.
With smaller implants, one may experience a subtle degree of loss of upper fullness following removal, however, it has been my clinical impression is less than that observed with pregnancy, .

In brief: Depends on size

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Adam Levy