What can I do to help prevent my child from getting an infection after an immunization?

Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: Clean
Keep the site of injection clean.
Otherwise the vaccines do not give the infection to healthy kids.

In brief: Clean
Keep the site of injection clean.
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: Bandaid!
The only real way to get an infection from an immunization is to get dirt into the puncture.
The fevers they sometimes get after immunizations are not from infections (except from live vaccines, but then you do want them to get that mild infection and develop antibodies).

In brief: Bandaid!
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Craig Collison
In brief: Keep the area clean!
Make sure the area of the immunization is clean and keep it clean for a few days following the immunizations.
The risk of a skin infection following immunization is very unlikely if kept clean.

In brief: Keep the area clean!
Dr. Craig Collison
Dr. Craig Collison
Dr. Jonathan Jassey