How fast can ascending colon cancer (stage 1) spread? To where?

Usually contained. Stage I ascending colon cancer is usually very easily treatable. Stage I means that it has not spread beyond the colon which is great news. If it ever does move, it usually moves to the lymph nodes, liver and lung. This would be detectable by regular scans after the colon tumor has been surgically removed.
Grade is important. Colon cancers usually first spread to adjacent lymph nodes and through the portal system to the liver. The time to spead depends largely on the grade (or aggressiveness) of the tumor-usually reported as grade i, ii, iii from less ro more aggressive.
Speed is not. Easy to discern, but risk is dependent on size, penetration into the muscle wall, presence of lymph nodes, possibly lymphovascular invasion. Micro-satellite instability is less likely to cause trouble. When tumor burrows into muscle or nodes are involved, risk reducing chemotherapy is offered to most.