I've had a cough and congestion for about a week now and it won't seem to go away. My cough is pretty bad but i feel fine! should I get checked out?

Dr. Sue Ferranti

In brief: Probably....

The cough may be due to bronchospasm so, if the cough is persisting, you should see your doctor for evaluation and treatment.
You may need bronchodilator and possibly steroid inhalers. Other causes of a chronic cough include gerd and post-nasal drip, which have entirely different treatments so see your doctor for a persistent cough for diagnosis and treatment.

In brief: Probably....

Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology