Does a ctpa scan visualize pancreas incidentally? Ctpa report says upper abdominal organs normal but have burning upper left quadrant pain, does the ctpa rule out pancreatic involvement then?

Dr. Joseph Warren

In brief: Wrong specialist

I am an ob/gyn specialist.
Left upper quadrant pain should be managed by your local family practice physician.

In brief: Wrong specialist

I am an ob/gyn specialist.
Dr. Joseph Warren
Dr. Joseph Warren
Dr. Elise Sadoun

In brief: CTPA is for lungs

A ctpa uses dye and is performed in a specific way to look for a blood clot in the lungs.
Sometimes a cut or two can see the pancreas, but not the whole thing. Pancreatitis should be ruled out with an abdominal ct. Please speak to your doctor about this, good luck.

In brief: CTPA is for lungs

Dr. Elise Sadoun
Dr. Elise Sadoun
Dr. Steven Seres