I am having a breast reduction and wanting my inverted nipples fixed at the same time. Do you think this will work out? Just double checking my info.

Dr. Heather Pearson Chauhan

In brief: Plastic surgeon?

It is very likely that your surgeon can address your nipple concerns at the same time your breast reduction is being done, but you need to speak with the surgeon specifically about that issue during your surgical consultation.

In brief: Plastic surgeon?

Dr. Heather Pearson Chauhan
Dr. Heather Pearson Chauhan
Dr. Todd Sisto
Don't expect your insurance to cover the procedure
Dr. Joseph Mele
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Maybe

Large breast reductions may compromise the circulation to the nipple/areolar complex, so in some cases it is better to correct the inverted nipples after the breast reduction.
In smaller reductions it may be possible to safely combine the procedures. If it seemed likely that the two could be combined safely, i would still advise that if the nipple appeared compromised, i would delay the eversion.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Joseph Mele
Dr. Joseph Mele
Dr. Zahid Niazi
Cosmetic Surgery

In brief: Increases risk

Your plastic surgeon should be able to answer that query for you.
In a formal breast reduction or a significant breast lift procedure the blood circulation to the nipple areolar complex can be compromised, so most plastic surgeons will not add other procedures that may further compromise the blood circulation. In your case, the inverted nipples can be corrected safely at a later date.

In brief: Increases risk

Dr. Zahid Niazi
Dr. Zahid Niazi
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine