Can yeast infections cause pregnancy complications?

Rarely. There have been reports of candida fungal (yeast) infections of the amniotic fluid which surrounds the fetus.
Generally No... Yeast infections can be caused by a pH imbalance of the vagina that can occur commonly in pregnancy due to hormonal changes. This overgrowth of a fungus can be treated at any time during pregnancy with antifungals like Monistat otc or terazol (terconazole) via a prescription. Yeast infections can cause vaginal itching, redness of the vagina, and a white clumpy discharge that looks like cottage cheese.