Why is the dental association in denial about amalgam?

Dr. Robert Fong
Dentistry
In brief: It's not denial
There is no perfect material.
As with everything in life, you have to weigh the risks vs the benefits. Amalgam is the least expensive, longest lasting material we have. Could some people have an bad reaction to it ? Of course. Consider penicillin. It is one of the miracles of modern medicine, yet there are people who can die if they use it. Talk to your dentist and find out what is best for you.

In brief: It's not denial
There is no perfect material.
Dr. Robert Fong
Dr. Robert Fong
Dr. Gregory LaMorte
A very thoughtful answer.
Dr. Gregory LaMorte
Dentistry - Periodontics
In brief: Science
There is no real science that finds dental amalgam harmful.
So there is no need for denial.

In brief: Science
So there is no need for denial.
Dr. Gregory LaMorte
Dr. Gregory LaMorte
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Only organic mercury
No denial here. Just fanatics with no scientific evidence blaming th ada for not jumping there "pseudo-scientific bandwagon.
However, judging by the way your question is phrased, you obviously hold their views in contempt. But i agree. Maybe you can blaim my belief on my three mercury amalgams! who didn't play with mercury in chemistry class? Made pennies shine. The metal is non-toxic.

In brief: Only organic mercury
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Steven Seres