What are the 3 newly approved drugs for dyslipidemia ? ( I am a pharmacist )

Dr. Rhonda Simons

In brief: That Depends

On the part of the lipid profile that you are trying to treat.
Are you wanting to know new statins? Fibrates? Statin/niacin combos? Statin/zetia combos, new omega-3 products. Most recent (and potent) statin was crestor, (rosuvastatin) new omega-3, epa only fish oil: vascepa, newer fibrates: antara, trilipix... I also like doing advanced cardiac genetics and expanded lipid profiles!

In brief: That Depends

Dr. Rhonda Simons
Dr. Rhonda Simons
Dr. William Lizarraga

In brief: The newest: PCSK9s

The PCSK9 inhibitors are a new class of drugs that have been shown to dramatically lower LDL cholesterol levels.
PCSK9 inhibitors are monoclonal antibodies (MABs), a type of biologic drug. They inactivate a protein in the liver called proprotein convertase subtilisin kexin 9 (PCSK9).

In brief: The newest: PCSK9s

Dr. William Lizarraga
Dr. William Lizarraga
Dr. Marsha Davis