Two days ago I was diagnosed with a yeast infection and prescribed one dose of diflucan (fluconazole). My vagina still itches and is sore. What now?

Repeat dose. Sometimes a repeat dose of oral Diflucan (fluconazole) is required a few days after the first dose of 150mgs.
Wait, and . . . It can take anywhere from 3 to 7 days for Diflucan to make you feel better. While you're waiting, you could use some over-the-counter cream like Gyne-Lotrimin to apply on the outside, and that may be comforting. If the itching is keeping you awake, you can take a dose of Benadryl (diphenhydramine) before bed, or you can use topical 1% Hydrocortisone cream externally.