Due to my symptoms, my psychiatrist said that my serotonin has decreased..Is there any solution to this other than medication?

Dr. Neil Liebowitz
In brief: Possibly
Discussed in past questions: depression benefits from exercise, healthy diet, stress reduction and psychotherapy to change one's perception of negative situations.
Unfortunately when depression is severe pts motivation to do these things or think clearly are impaired and meds are necessary.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
Dr. Marsha Davis
In brief: It depends
If you are under stress, your body needs extra seretonin and your body is already depleated and can not keep up with the demand that you need.
You need more. As you need more and can't keep up your body needs even more. It is a vicious cycle. Medication helps so that your body can not only use what you are making but get the extra that you need to help you through the hard times.

In brief: It depends
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Marsha Davis