Can hearing aids cause frequency loss if not properly adjusted? I have distored/buzz sound when I raise my voice/laugh and my dr can't seem to fix it

Dr. Michael Kelber

In brief: Hearing aid distorti

Unless your hearing aids are buzzing at a very loud (painful) level, they should not cause any frequency loss.
It sounds like this is more of an annoying problem. Perhaps you need a different type of hearing aids. The newer digital devices solve a lot of feedback and distortion problems.

In brief: Hearing aid distorti

Dr. Michael Kelber
Dr. Michael Kelber
Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: See audiologist

The fact that your are using a hearing aid indicates most likely you have an inner ear hearing loss.
Therefore it is possible that if the intensity of sound pressure is too loud, you could damage more of the inner ear hair cells. The distortion you notice when you speak may be the result of the hearing aid mold not fitting properly. See your hearing aid person; an audiologist.

In brief: See audiologist

Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. Eric Weisman