Is it safe to wash tooth brushes that are used in a dish washer. I know some one that does that. The tooth brush was played with in a toliet.?

Dr. James Beck
Dentistry

In brief: Yes but why?

It is safe to wash a toothbrush in the dishwasher. But why not just get a new toothbrush every 3 months as recommended.
Most dental clinics will give you one or two free ones. If your toothbrush gets badly soiled, just get a new one.

In brief: Yes but why?

Dr. James Beck
Dr. James Beck
Dr. Stephen Lorino

In brief: I would not

The best answer is to just get a new toothbrush, rather than risk the toothbrush getting loose and messing up your dishwasher.

In brief: I would not

Dr. Stephen Lorino
Dr. Stephen Lorino

In brief: Bad Idea

They're not that expensive to replace, and they need to be replaced every few months anyway, so why even bother?

In brief: Bad Idea

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Tarek Hamid
Dentistry

In brief: No

Its safer and a lote cleaner to just change the toothbrush all together. Since the dishwashers uses hot water and excessive heat to dry and clean the dishes that can damage the bristels of the tooth brush rendering it unusable

In brief: No

Dr. Tarek Hamid
Dr. Tarek Hamid
Dr. Sander White
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Disinfect

Sometimes the very hot water will affect the bristles.
Easier to buy a new toothbrush...

In brief: Disinfect

Easier to buy a new toothbrush...
Dr. Sander White
Dr. Sander White
Dr. Jack Hinkle