Can I use over-the-counter medication to combat skin fungal infections?

Yes. There are numerous options for otc anti-fungal medical treatments. They will typically be organized and marketed by location on the body such as scalp, body, or feet. Clotrimazole and terbinafine are two common otc anti-fungals. If your rash or infection is not responding to otc treatment, seek medical attention.
Yes. Most fungal infections of the skin can be treated with an over the counter anti-fungal cream. However, deeper infections, usually affecting the hair follicles or nails, often require oral prescription medications.