What are the long term negative effects of caffeine consumption?

Dr. Karl Spector
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Not that we know of
Actually, as drugs go, caffeine consumption seems to be relatively safe (i guess this is why so many of us use it).
In some people excess caffeine (more than 500mg/day) may cause elevated blood pressure but, in general, most studies suggest that it is safe, even in moderate amounts. There is even a small study that shows the more caffeine one drinks, the less risk of parkinson's disease.

In brief: Not that we know of
Dr. Karl Spector
Dr. Karl Spector
Dr. Stephen Lorino
In brief: Multiple
Long term excess caffeine use can increase blood pressure, cause headaches, lack of restful sleep, palpitations, tremors, anxiety, nervousness, abdominal pain/cramps, diarrhea.
I tell patients 1 cup of coffee in morning, and 1 caffeinated beverage early afternoon is unlikely to cause problems.

In brief: Multiple
Dr. Stephen Lorino
Dr. Stephen Lorino
Dr. Umesh Patel