Why do I have a sour metallic taste in my mouth after getting my wisdom teeth pulled?

Dr. Pamela Merino

In brief: Blood

Residual bleeding is normal and is the cause of metallic taste, if bleeding increases call your surgeon.

In brief: Blood

Dr. Pamela Merino
Dr. Pamela Merino

In brief: Depends

A metallic taste is usually associated with blood - either some very minimal bleeding - oozing or it can be due to an infection if it is not immediately after the extractions.

In brief: Depends

Dr. David Schneider
Dr. David Schneider
Dr. Richard Ruden
Dentistry

In brief: From extracion

It is normal to develop a bad or foul taste in the mouth after wisdom tooth removal.
This problem persists until the socket is healed completely. This problem is only a by-product of the surgical extraction of the wisdom tooth. The reason behind the bad taste is because of the food impaction in the socket which doesn’t get cleaned. Hence the bad taste in mouth after wisdom tooth removal.

In brief: From extracion

Dr. Richard Ruden
Dr. Richard Ruden
Dr. Keegan Duchicela