I have constipation and bloody stools..What is the issue?

Dr. Foster Carr
General Practice

In brief: Hemorrhoid(s) ?

I think the most likely cause of bright red blood with constipation would due to hemorrhoid related bleeding.
Constipation can be due to a number of causes and any bloody stools should be evaluated by your doctor. See your physician and get it checked out.

In brief: Hemorrhoid(s) ?

Dr. Foster Carr
Dr. Foster Carr
Dr. Jyoti Ramakrishna
Pediatrics - Gastroenterology

In brief: Have this checked

It is true that constipation can cause bloody stools, due to a fissure( a tear) or hemorrhoids.
If so one needs to address diet (fiber, fluids) and use stool softeners. But any change in bowel habits, and definitely any bleeding, should be addressed with your doctor, since colon cancer can present in this way as well.

In brief: Have this checked

Dr. Jyoti Ramakrishna
Dr. Jyoti Ramakrishna
Dr. Arnon Rubin