Would a breast u/s pick up a tumor deep in chest wall? I can't get mammo due to nursing. Have back neck shoulder aches and convinced its breast cancer

Pathology

In brief: See below:

I agree entirely with the answers given by drs.
Legha and harper. You can have a mammogram while nursing and should feel free to discuss alternatives with your doctor.

In brief: See below:

Dr. Paul Harper
Surgery

In brief: Don't assume.

The breast is not deep in the chest wall.
It is a skin appendage. That being said, a mammogram and an ultrasound and an MRI can pick up all sorts of problems. Breast feeding does not prevent you from getting a mammogram. Back, neck and shoulder aches are not the initial signs of breast cancer. You need to relax, enjoy your baby and talk to your doctor. Good luck.

In brief: Don't assume.

Dr. Sewa Legha
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Not so hard to find

The cause of any severe, persistent pain is not hard to find.
Ask your doctor to rule out cancer which he/she can do with the available tests. But do not put words in their mouth. They can check your breast with mammography(even you are nursing, there is no harm), ultrasound and mri(if needed as it is quite expensive). Bones and joints can be easily checked with x-rays and bone scan.

In brief: Not so hard to find

Dr. Adam Levy