What are immunizations?

They prevent disease. Immunizations are one of modern medicine's greatest discoveries. They work by tricking the body's immune system to think it has been exposed to an illness in order to produce "antibodies" that help to prevent that individual from ever getting sick from that same disease. They are designed to prevent life-threatening diseases. Some vaccines (hepatitis b, hpv) are even designed to prevent cancer.
Help for immunity. We have a great immune system to fight infections, but our "army" can battle the enemy much more effectively if we've seen the enemy before, so we can recognize the bad guys and attack them as soon as possible. Immunizations are a way to preparing the immune system to better attack infecting enemies, so we can naturally fight off infections before getting sick.
Protect Inf Disease. Immunizations are the best way to protect all humans and also animals against certain infectious diseases. They are called vaccinations or vaccines and these can be given by injection or by mouth. They also prevent the spread of diseases and prevent epidemics Over the years these have been successful in wiping out certain deadly diseases like Polio And Small Pox.
Promote Prevention. Material that safely is taken into the body and prime the body's immune system, so that when attacked by an infection, the body is able to fight off the infection is a definition of immunization. This material can be given by injection, orally or through nasal spray. All told immunizations have saved millions of lives and prevented many more cases. Probably the single biggest medical advance ever.