I am taking lercanidipine 20mg tablet for my blood pressure does it cause erectile dysfunction? Please advice

Dr. Johnny Roy
Urology

In brief: See comment

This drug is a calcium channel blocker, it allows blood vessels to strech and dilate and that's how it lowers blood vessels.
It does not cause impotence, but you may have other contributing factor/factors.

In brief: See comment

Dr. Johnny Roy
Dr. Johnny Roy
Dr. Hemant Thawani
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: It is possible but..

Ed is a function of blood flow to the organ.
Lercanidipine is a BP medicine of the same class as Nifedipine and amlodipine in the us. If the BP is lowered too much, it may contribute to the ed. By itself, it is less likely to cause this problem.

In brief: It is possible but..

Dr. Hemant Thawani
Dr. Hemant Thawani
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine